Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Daughters' First Handmade Dolls

I am not particularly crazy about stuffed animals. But, I always wanted to make dolls for my daughters.

I finally decided to get to this project...

Two nights ago, I worked and finished Schnitzel. It is a character from a cartoon called "Chowder" on Cartoon Network. It is no longer on air, but the girls love to watch the episodes online. My youngest favorite character is Schnitzel who only says "Rad-da Rad-da". I rather make something she loves and she can carry around than something really cute from my point of view but she can care less about. I don't know much about the story/characters of the show, so to make Schnitzel, I searched a drawing of the character on internet.


It took me about 2 1/2 hours of cutting fabric (fleece, felt for smaller parts) and sewing, then Schnitzel was born.




Then, it was my oldest daughter's turn.
Last night, I worked on her bunny. This bunny is from a book called "Cute Dolls"; the collections of dolls from fish, tadpole to liar (it is a name of a doll in the book!).
It took me about 2 hours, and the white bunny was born.




Late night work was worth it when I saw the girls happy faces in the following morning!! They carry them around all the time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment