Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Pot Holder made from scrap fabric

Derailed from the sewing projects I have been working on, I decided to make a pot holder using scrap fabric. I kept most of the scrap fabric that is too small to make a bib or pouch (my usual items in my shop) but to big to throw out.

I have a box full of scrap fabric waiting to be used, when I saw it the other day, I could not resist any more.




I worked on a couple of failed pot holders. I attempted to make pot holders with heart shape and fish shape (after consulting my oldest daughter for particular shapes). But, they did not come out right. For the third one, I decided to go with something easy and for sure it would work so that I don't have to feel the time I spent for the two pot holders did not go wasted.

So, square it is.

Collected green fabric pieces out of the box, patch worked together to make a square for the top side, and found a relatively big piece of twill fabric (which also needed a little bit of extra piece of fabric to make a square) for the back side. Also used twill fabric to make the loop for hanging.



Nice quick project!



No comments:

Post a Comment