Friday, May 21, 2010

Girl's Summer Top - Part 1

The last personal project was for my oldest daughter, so the next was my youngest turn though she is the type who can care less about the fact that I make something for her. This shows in her reaction later.

I worked on this summer shirt for a week (off and on, cutting fabric one day, taking a few days off, and finally started sewing...)

Sewing part began last night after their bed time. Once I get close to the finish, I have tendency not to stop. So, I ended up staying until 1 am to finish. Probably it did not help that I was watching Grey's Anatomy season finale at the same time.

Well, this is what it turned out...


I think I did a pretty good job, but when I showed the youngest this shirt, she said "No!" and refused to wear it.
Maybe, it will be a gift to someone or she might change her mind later.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I've just had a chance to look through your blog and I LOVE this top! And the dress below is just gorgeous.....I'm very inspired. Maybe someday I'll attempt more complex sewing like this. Did you use a pattern? BTW Solomon will never wear the things I sew for him either! Aya will -- but then she doesn't have a choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is from a pattern from Japanese sewing book. It is relatively easy.
    It used to be easier to put the girls in whatever I make, but they have their own wills now!! Finally, I forced the youngest in this top though :)

    ReplyDelete