Friday, May 7, 2010

Summer Dress Part 1

I tend to alternate productions for my shop with my personal projects.

After finishing several bibs last weekend, I decided to work on my daughter's summer dress.
My oldest always want the first one that I make; the youngest has no complain at this point.
But, honestly usually it takes 2-3 tries to get it right for me, so the youngest ends up with a better quality stuff. The oldest does not know that or she does not care. She just wants it first!!

Over the last few years, I bought sewing pattern books in Japan every time I visit my family there. This is one of them.


From the book, I tried a dress (or I thought it was a top). I picked a fabric with orange pattern because the oldest currently have a crush on a boy whose favorite color is orange.

Took two night of cutting fabric and sewing, it was completed.


But, it looks like muu muu!! My choice of fabric was not right, maybe.
So, I added a belt...



Maybe it helps a little.
What matters is that my oldest loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment